County of Allegheny
John K. Weinstein
CONVENIENCE, FLEXIBILITY, AND REWARDS
Enjoy the convenience, flexibility, and rewards of electronic payments for
taxes. Allegheny County has contracted with Forte to offer
individuals and businesses the opportunity to pay real estate taxes directly
over the internet.
PROVEN SAFE AND RELIABLE
This service is safe, reliable, and in accordance with all state and government
regulations. In order to process your payment, Forte, the service
provider, may charge a convenience fee based on the amount
and type of the transaction
Effective in 2011, the electronic e-check payment option is now FREE to all
For credit card payments Forte charges the customer a fee of 2.35% of
the payment amount for this service. The minimum fee is $1.95
For Visa Debit cardholders, the Visa Tax program allows a cardholder to use
their Visa Debit card to pay their taxes and the service fee is a flat $3.95.
This fee is charged and collected by Forte and will appear as a
separate line item on your statement.
EASY PAYMENT VIA INTERNET
To use this service, click the 'Accept' button below
This payment service offers the following options:
- Accepts multiple Block/Lot numbers per transaction
- Can pay current year's taxes
- Payment will be credited within 2 (two) business days of
transaction. (Web page will be updated the following week)
- Payment in full only, system cannot accept partial payments
- Displays a confirmation summary page which includes the total
amount of taxes to be paid. (Convenience fee will be added on by
Forte’s web site)
- Automatic transfer to Forte's processing site.
The Forte's system will tell you:
- The total of your payment, including the appropriate fee
- Obtain approval of the charge
- Provide you with a confirmation number. Be sure to write down
your confirmation number as a record of your payment. The charge will also
appear on your credit card or bank account statement: the tax amount on one
line, the convenience fee amount on a separate line.